Monday, January 31, 2011

How long would it take ME to become a Doctor?

So, I'm so wishing my body would let me be well enough to get off the couch, so I could become that doctor I want to be. I went to my Doc today to find out about my heart. He was very concerned about it, and insisted that I stay down because my blood pressure is so high and is testing me for whatever else he is testing me for, then after that my husband asked him if the pain in my chest would abate after my blood pressure goes down, which when I checked in was 168/115. To which he replied as he looks into my eyes," Have you been seeing a therapist or psychologist? Because I'm concerned with all of your mysterious pains, Fibromyalgia, Pelvis, and now Heart that you may just have severe anxiety and are causing yourself to have heart problems," So, yet another doctor who thinks I'm basically manifesting these symptoms that started 10 years ago in Italy on my mission, because I was stressed. I had to hold in my rage as did Tyler and if you knew Tyler you would know he never gets mad. Tyler told him, "Yes she sees a psychiatrist because after 10 years of severe pain and sleeplessness she needs their help, but let me assure you my wife was the happiest person I had ever met 10 years ago with an idyllic childhood and no crazy problems to speak of. She was in Italy of all "STRESSFUL" places when her sympotms slowly began in her legs. And when we married we were so happy and looking to a life of love and fun. She did not manifest these symptoms to deal with any crazy and fake stress you always refer too." We realized he does not treat my pain issues and is a GP, so arguing with him is pointless, because I just need the help with my heart and get my pressure down and send me to the cardiologist. So anyone in NM let me know if you have a good GP. But this is just one of the hundreds, and I mean hundreds of Doctors who do not believe in these dieseases that exist but their is no real proof like a blood test or x-ray or anything like that. I've seriously HAD it with the treatment people with chronic pain disease recieve when we seek help for our "unexplained' pain. It is not my fault that there are hundreds of diseases that exist that cause severe problems yet there is no explanation for, so lets assume that the patient is "crazy". So I left the office in tears and sadly my little 7 year old Alaria was with us because she caught another cold/flu, 3rd one this month, and she was there with us to see her Doc. I ddn't want her to see my tears and yet I could not help but feel as though my character and BEING were coming into question yet again. Because of course I have nothing better to do with my life except make up crazy symptoms that have debilitated my body. So twice in one week I have been told i'm basically crazy by these doctors here. He does have to pay attention to the proof of the heart. I guess matters of the heart always win. At least that will hopefully be helped and I'll continue to search for help with the rest. But Alaria came home and wrote me the sweetest letter that I want to save and I copied and will post. While I was feeling sorry for myself my 7 year old reminded me who is really looking out for me and that I'm NOT alone. It speaks for itself. Thank you to all of you who help us and are my real friends. Family who love me regardless of what opinions they may have of my situation. They look past judgment and see my Heart and look at what I try to do to LIVE. Which sometimes is a daily battle. Love to you!!! Thanks Alaria for saving me today. Her Letter. . . . . . . .
My Baby Girl

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry. Nicole has gone through some health issues and so I know the frustration you are feeling. I love the letter. It makes life worth it huh? She is such a beautiful girl......just like her mommy! :}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Yvette,
    Keep that sweet letter and read it every day (probably many times each day) and remember who loves you! :0) So glad you have the Gospel in your life and the love of Family and friends, too. I am sorry that you are having SOOO... many problems with Health Care here and finding a Dr. that will listen to you and seem to care ( not feel pity for you, but truly help you find out what's wrong and how to treat it) Let's hope you don't have to honestly have a Stroke/ Heart Attack before they get it right! Your numbers concern me, as do your sypmtoms. Dr. Robert Gardner is an Internal Medicine Dr. at Prebyterian and seems to be good. ( He is always running late for appointments because he actually sits and listens to you) We have not figured out everything for me, but at least he hasn't dismissed me with a wave of the hand, either. What meds are you on for Blood Pressure? Anything at all? What labs have they run on you? We should talk.
    Please know I care and wish you the best. Hugs, Cindy Davis

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry Yvette! I hope they'll figure out how to help you very soon! The phone is always charging by my bed and I wake up easily as I still have little ones to listen for, so please, if the need ever arises again, call me at any hour!! :)
    ~Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much guys. I totally appreciate the referral Cindy. I will talk to you about that. I need a good Doctor here so badly. Thanks All

    ReplyDelete