Thursday, November 3, 2011

Babysitting can be FUN

So, we have a babysitting group that we are in. It works so great. I've talked about it before because I love it so much. We have 2  familis that are in our group, the Lindell's and the Ivey's. I would throw a 4th fam in there but our house is way too small and between the 3 of us we have 10 kids and 1 on the way, which I'm sooo excited about. Although Melanie Lindell, who is having the baby may not want to leave "her:" right away I'm just excited to be able to watch a little one for awhile. It will be fun. Well last week it was our turn and we had a lot of fun. I thought it would be fun to have activities, so we could keep all the kids entertained a little while we had them here. The group goes from 5-10pm. It's also so lovely when you get to drop your kids off at their houses and have a date night for free with your hubby. I decided to have Tyler and I cook home made french fries and won tons a Jorgensen family tradition. The mixture in the won tons is anything but chinese it's american all the way, although I'd love to get a good recipe for real Chinese won tons. But that took awhile. Then, I had decided we would make home made sugar cookies and decorate and frost them. And we played a game called tootsie Rolls which is also another Jorgensen tradition. I hope the kids had fun. I sure did, and here are a few pics of our night. It was a lot of fun. If you can I would organize a few families to get a group going yourselves. It gives the kids a chance to think they have a party every Friday night and you get a free date night with hubby when it's not your turn to watch the kids. Here are some great pics of our fun night.
This is such a fun game for peeps of all ages. You take Tootsie rolls and tie them to the end of a string. You give each player in the circle a tootsie roll hooked to a string. Get some dice, and a lid to a pot. Everyone sits back and whoever has the Dii has to say, " I'm going to roll a "five" or whatever number she or he chooses. Then they roll if they get the number they smack down the lid on the tootsie rolls and whatever rolls they get are theirs. If you are a player and you see the number five you have to yank out your tootsie roll, so it won't get caught under the pan lid. You can make up how you want the numbering of the dii to work. change the number each player or how we decided. A player called whatever number and we went around until that number was rolled and then a new number was chosen. It was fun except I was scared some kids might lose some fingers. That is why the strings are soooo long, so they can yank out their roll without getting too close. haha






Then we made home mae sugar cookies and It was fun to watch everyone roll their own dough and cut out their shapes, especially Boston because he did it all by himself. serisouly he was sooo cute. They all decorated their own cookies. It was great. And I wanted to thank Danica for all the help she gave me all night. And Maddie for heping peel potatoes! Thanks girls. Dani, couldn't have done it all without your help though, I think I bit off more than I could chew this time. But here they are doing Halloween cookies!

Go Girls


A little flour never hurt nobody

Alaria and Morgan, or Mo Mo as I like to call her

I see we have some boys who also love to bake
 
I told him he was a perfect Baker, I may live to regret those words, since this night he thinks he needs to help with everything we make. I love the flour in his hair!

Aidan Llindell so cute. He is a great decorator and LOVES icing:)


Gorgeous Dani, and a great helper too!

Brooke and her awesome skills with the face decorations

HA HA this is the Ghosteses, that's how he says it, heart.

I don't know how they eat these with her front tooth gonzo. haha She was a great helper

MO MO totally my kind a girl. Love her

OK so darn cute I'm afraid I might steal him one day. Serisouly though while I was helping the others roll out their dough I look over and he had ounded out his dough with his little hands and cut them with the cookie cutters. One pmpkin has 3 little finger marks in it. I shoul've kept it and not baked it because it was so darn cute. he had figured it out on his own. He kept frosting this cookie and licking it off and then saying he needed more frosting to finish frosting his pumpin. So darn cute! Boston, love ya

 Well that concludes this week of Babysitting group. It was so much fun. We have this Friday again though because we skipped and it is our turn again. I don't think it will be that many activities this time. We will be detoxing. Which is a term that also means, starving. Tyler and I are starting a program I do to help my Fibomyalgia he is doing the first month with me to get healthy, and me too obviously. But a movie sounds pretty good to me for them this week. haha. I'm sure I'll bring out the twister board though just to have some fun. Love it. Ciao until next time






No comments:

Post a Comment