Thursday, October 27, 2011

School Pictures Have Arrived

School picture time is kind of a crazy time for me, perhaps it is because you should serisouly see some of my school pictures from when I was a child. Ridonculous I say. My whole family laughs as they gather around a picture of myself at the age of 7 or so with the crazy, and I do mean crazy played out hair flying all over the place. A sweet safety pin holding my glasses together, oh wait did I call them glasses, haha they we're actually closer to the Hubble telescope, that is how thick and strong they looked. I mean really, how mean can doctors be??? haha I know, I know it was the style back then, I can hear my Mom thinking this as she reads along. But there is also a sweet red smiley face sticker I had stuck to my shirt that was a kind of white sweater with a peeling smiley face sticker and I swear they took that picture at the very end of the day. My husband actually used to carry a little copy,an old one we had found, and put it in his wallet to take it out and look at to make him laugh when he was having a bad day, or just to show people who know me, cuz I have to admit, even I think it's pretty hilarious. So, needless to say I go a little crazy on picture day. The kids have certain rules they have to obey until after their picture is taken. I always take a bunch before they leave the house because I know the pic that comes home may not even closely resemble how they left the house. But then they take these pictures and charge the most ridonculous prices and they have the most crazy backgrounds that wont match anyone's home. But, that is why we love them as school pictures I guess. So here is the home session and what we ended up buying. We have to buy a few or the kids feel bad and think we don't like them. I tried last year to just take my own outside before they left for school, but I heard about it all year how I didn't like it enough to buy one. It wasn't that it was just that those prices, really? Here at least they want you to pay $50 for a few wallets and 2 4x6. Say What? Well here we are. The great year of 2011-2012. How crazy it feels to say that.

My cuties, Alaria was so mad about wearing a tie though. I told her it makes her look smart, she said, " I don't need a tie to look smart, I am smart!" Well then, I promise it's cute. haha



Well I tried to keep him bruise free for one picture day, didn't happen. Pretty sure it never will. He is my sweet little, 'dimpled Paul Newman' as his teacher calls him. She says it will be hard to get mad at a face like that. I told her she had no idea.

6 1/2 almost 7 as he says, which is true now. sniff sniff
So this is the before and I just scanned the after's. haha I love the awesome electric blue background that will match lovely with any Decor'. The kids are so cute though I can't resist them. My sweets.
Now she has lost 2 more teeth. One of her front one's is a goner. She is my sweet girl.


Maybe I do like the Electric Blue background. It matches little Paul Newmans eyes:)
Well here we are 2011-2012 Until Next year School Pics!!

1 comment:

  1. i cant stand it. everytime I see different pics of my two I just get so homesick. Keep this blog up. I can just set down and look at these pics over and over. then I listen to the music that you have and i miss them more. Love you guys-grams

    ReplyDelete