Thursday, October 6, 2011

Faith

I just have to say that once again Conference was wonderful this weekend. I love that I have a DVR that I can just listen to the talks over and over. Whatever I'm struggling with it always hits me square in the heart and seems they prepared the talk just for me. I just feel so lucky to have these men who stand against all of the mainstream world and are not afraid to speak for the lord. And as President Monson said the last conference that the chasm is getting ever wider between us and the world, it's so very easy to let that ever evil one get us down. I loved what President Packer said, even though his health made it that he had to sit, he never looked taller as he proclaimed that we already know the end, "Lucifer... will lose. It has already been decided." Which side will we find ourselves on. And Saturday morning when President Dieter F. Uchdorf talked about how Satan has a way to make us feel too full of ourselves, or like me a lot, feel alone, or maybe not of much significance. It was a beautiful talk and reminded me of my mission. A beautful story that I had forgotten until then. I was going to a small church with a small branch and every Sunday we would be the second people to arrive to the meeting house. This was in Taranto, Italy. There was a man who had just been baptized and his calling was to come and get the chairs set up and greet all with a smile. I never ever saw him down or thinking, this is a lowly thing for me to have to do. He knew it didn't matter what his calling in the church was it was that he was serving the lord. It has always brought tears to my eyes to remember him. He had a bad leg and never said anything and the smile that greeted you went through to your heart and you felt like a bit of sunshine had hit it. He was so full of the spirit and knew this new church was true and it made him so happy he was happy to do anything he was asked.
I love listening to President Uchdorf's talk because he is reminding me that no one is insignificant and it is only Satan that wants us to feel this way. How lucky I am to have my husband who holds his priesthood with honor and has taken great pride in taking care of me and our children.
I have an important Doc appoinment today, and I can feel the fear creep in telling me it won't help. In times like these I must rely on my faith which is easier to have when we have all that we have at our fingertips. The scriptures, prophet, apostles, teachers, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost. Help me to remember these things and let the fear and anxiety be cast out so I can be my happy self that Satan does not want me to be. I love Conference and love coming away from it knowing what I need to do to be better. Do Better

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your post and blog. You are such a sweet, wonderful, beautiful person. I wish you lived right next door to me. I guess this blog will have to do. Thanks for the great reminders today. Good luck on your doctor's apt and let me know what he says.

    ReplyDelete