Sunday, October 2, 2011

Meet the Teachers...again

Well, last week we we're back at the school to meet the kids' teachers again for the new year. I have to say that I was happy to go to Alaria's class, yes I'll admit that I have a tiny little crush on him. He's a good guy and Alaria loves him, so I'm pretty sure the humongous smile she gets when she talks about him says all I need to know about the crush she has on him too. Haha. He's super organized and a very great teacher. I wish we had more like him to teach our kids. I won't bore you with my blah blah blah on my issues with our nation and it's educational system. I grew up with a Father who taught high school AP courses in Math, for a lot of years. He is still there at good ol Bonneville. He has however hung up the teaching hat, but who are we kidding he is a substitute and coaching for "free" Heller!! The night went great and Alaria got to show me all the in's and out's of the class
That's Mr. Steiner all 25 years of him. I asked Alaria if she thought he was going to bite her. She gave me a look of death.haha

Where all the studyin happens. Hope she doesn't hide anything in her droor there:)

Ah, Triangle Math , have no idea what it is, until now of course
So we have a glowing report for her. Mr. Steiner said they are so behind in testing for the gifted program and apparantly going alphabetically and who knows where they are. He said he is sure she will test in. Whatever that means. I just think they do it to freak the kids and the parents out because we are too dumb to know the difference yet.
So off we head to meet another teacher...Again. This time I'm serious. Nick's teacher is Mrs. Hoban who was also Alaria's 1st grade teacher. She is funny. She is a take prisoners kind a gal. She's old school, and it worked great with Alaria and seems to be doing great with Nicholas as well so far. He really likes her, and she seems to like him. The first day we met with her she stared at him and said, "How am I going to teach a young Paul Newman, my favorite actor? With you big blue eyes and that big dimpled smile?" It was pretty funny. She still says  it's hard for her and that she told a lot of her friends that she is teaching Paul Newman when he was 6.haha You should see Nick just play it up and smile like crazy when she compliments him.
That is his seat and his "Nicholas that he made" Perty handsome

I guess he's shorter than the average poster guts guy
Alaria loved Mrs Hoban and because of her she came out reading 4 levels ahead. She is a great, dedicated teacher. Alaria always loves to give her hugs in the halls. She always tries to say hello.  I think Nick is so proud that his sister was in his class;)

Mrs. Hoban getting to hug Paul Newman
It looks like things are going pretty well. It was just an open house, so parents teacher conferences are coming up and we'll see then what kind of trouble they are getting into haha. THe kids took us out back to show us some of the new play area.
For any of my old friends, yes that's Alaria in SKORTS not a skirt playing on the monkey bars,haha

Is there a test I don't know about?

  • That looks safe

Do you like the nice dirt extra parking lot? Over the river and through the woods.......

 So, we took the kids to Applebee's for a job well done and well it might have factored in a little that Tues night at applebees is $0.99.yay SO, why not, well turns out it happened to be a very special night for us because Daffy Duck was there, OK so this, he or she wouldn't talk and seemed to linger and I was freaked. I'm like get a picture and GOOOOO. The kind of sad thing was that the kids thought it was totally cool and Tyler and I we're making horrible jokes, so I'm torn. How sad when does it switch from that really magical thing to, Oh grab him daffy's coming? I ... I so dont know but I would love to trust daffy again wouldn't you???



            OK, so he did freak me out a whole lot, but don't let my kids hear you say that. What is natural about a grown man wearing a daffy suit, running into the walls, The kids thought he was doing it on purpose but he also tripped twice that I saw and almost took out a waitress with his tail. Seriously he hates his job, and is prbably heavily medicated but then who would want to put that thing on? Ewwww....






No comments:

Post a Comment