Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Patriotic

Well this week has been crazy. We had our first yard sale ever. I wasn't sure we would make it. I ended up with the worst sinus infection I've ever had and became intimately aquainted with 'The Netti Pot' if you don't have one and you live in a very dry, hot, or very cold place they're great. It's the first time we have ever lived in a place where we could and the first time I felt well enough to do it, besides my sinus mess. It was crazy but kind of funny too. We did pretty well. We also had Nick and Alaria's Halloween carnival. It was soooo crowded I didn't take a picture because I don't think my arm would even reach out that far. The kids had fun. I'm excited for the Ward's trunk or treat though. We are ALL dressing up. haha I haven't gotten Tyler to do that for over 10 years, so it will be interesting.
Alaria had her school musical this year. It was very patriotic. All of the songs were about Patriotism and they did a great job.

We must have pics before the EVENT. This is how she has become a master poser

This is how Nick's poses get stranger and sranger unless I threaten him with "no video games or any electronics unless he smiles normal". Alaria was being a feline of some nature she said. haha


Nick is now very interested in photography as well. I'm pretty sure it's because everytime I pick up my camera and start flipping through the memory card I find pictures of the T.V., his shoes, The painting on my wall, The wall itself, Alaria's door, his face all skewed into the camera with the biggest grin eva! It's funny But that is my evidence, or he could just like it because it is yet another electronic device that he has fun with and it has buttons he can push. Now, hopefully  I can give him Alaria's camera and she can have mine when I get my dream camera, in my dreams;)
 It was kind of a funny beginning how Tyler and I ended up in our seats though. Only me could this happen to, it's hard to explain and probably won't seem too funny to anyone lets just say it involves one crazy mother wanting to see her daughter close up, and well crawling on her hands and knees past some parents to get to a better seat and being spanked and called cute by someone, when I looked up I saw the face of the principal, who I know a little bit, but it was what I call kind of funny. What is sad is that it's not the first time I've been caught crawling away from a principal of a school though, hahaha. oh well, Old habits die hard, And I know my husband who was following me a bit behind was way more mortified then I was, and he took a different route than I did, but what matters is that we got the seats we wanted. She did awesome and looked adorable as usual.
Alaria had a speaking part, which she did awesome. This is a recreation of that moment, since my camera is crummy I couldn't get the live shot of her doing it during the program, but she had fun showing me over and over.


Alaria is a hair blurry.




The very last song that was sung they had a huge screen with pictures like this one of the Statue of Liberty, and I had sent Alaria with a picture of our friend Tim Boyce a fallen Army Soldier who died in Iraq a few weeks before returning to his wife 4 year old son, and newborn daughter after his 2nd tour was over. He is an inspiration and so is his wife Sharon whom I love to death. I admire her strength to go on and be there for her children. His picture came up and I teared up a bit. It was a very cute and touching musical they did. I love that it was patriotic. Our kids need that, so do we I believe. As an adult I needed! Here she is below teasing a boy during the performance. Not so surprising there.haha
I have been trying to downoad a video of a bit of her singing. It's very adorable and I'm sad it won't do it, I'll try to edit it and put it in another way tomorrow or sometime soon. I want you to see it. She is flirting mercilessly with a boy in her class who is in front of her, otherwise a great performance, except that I serisouly thought my camera was out of batteries and gave it to Nick and he got it to work and he got a few pics during, and when I figured it out (He wasn't sitting very close to me that's why I didn't know) I got the best shots I could. Ah well it was a great night. She just won't stop growing up.

This is Alaria's friend Pasha. She was in her school class last year, but no dice this year. They still see each oher a lot. They are in the same primary class and get to see each other at Girls Activity Day for Church. And they love to hang out.


2 Americans and proud of it!

1 comment:

  1. Cute pictures!! And haha what YOU will do for a good picture!! LOVE it!! =)

    ReplyDelete