Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Grouchy Mommy

So, I have been running around lately on a rampage with my kids about helping me more with keeping the house clean. Catching myself saying things I SWORE I would NEVER say to my kids. Which makes me laugh now because my Mom warned me, "One day you'll say the exact same things to your kids!" Which I SAID this morning. Along with, "Alaria I can always tell where you've been you leave a trail everywhere you go." Also, "Nick I can tell what room you've been in because that is where the lights are on!" that was my Dad's favorite. I wasn't in a great mood this morning anyways because I have a killer cold and have to sell a ton of things that I'm not super happy about but we do what we must. So, I'm ranting and raving at them that they never help me and could they just blah...blah...blah.. and i know for a fact that is what they hear because after we literally RUN out the door to get them to school  on time I come in to the house look around and it looks like a tornado came through it, it always does in the morning because we are always rushing, which is more my fault than theirs, but I go to get a drink of water to start cleaning and this is what I see after I just screamed my lungs out at my kids for not helping me clean up their TOYS.
Nick's Bat stuck between the handles on the fridge!


I laughed so hard because it made me pause and think what I must sound like to them sometime. It was sooooooo something he would do while I would be telling him to just help me put his toys away. I know he wasn't even thinking about what he was doing when he did it. He probably just wanted to see if it would fit there and stay. I laughed tears for awhile. I thought, there is no real reason to be in a bad mood. So, I have my kids stuff layin around here and there. Is it going to kill me? No. They have even been doing a pretty good job at helping and they are getting better at their chores as a whole. I mean as well as a child does them. I forget sometimes they are kids and they will learn slowly to get better at it as I show them. I do want them to be kids and want them to keep that innocence that they have. Ooohhh I could just hug them right now. I just wanted to say how much I love them right now. They are the loves of my life and why I do what i do. They are why I fight so hard to keep it goin! Next time I'll look at this pic and remind myself to chill out a bit and all they hear when I get so mad that I scream sometimes is blah...blah....blah... besides I remember tuning my parents out when i made them so mad they would yell. So I guess kindness really is the key.

No comments:

Post a Comment