Wednesday, March 23, 2011

CAUTION, Not for ALL eyes!!!

Well anytime I get a phone call from my family I have to say sometimes I get a nervous little tick when i answer because of our luck with things. Especially health issues. I've talked a bit about my brother, Todd and his struggles. I've written a little about his struggles he's had in the past 5 or so years. He lost his son, Mason, to SIDS and then their house was burglarized and burnt down about 6 months later. He then developed a deadly disease that a young healthy x college football player should not have to deal with, he creates blood clots and they have almost killed him countless times. Ruined his lungs, and heart. It is very scary. he recently had surgery to fix his knee, and just a few months after the surgery he slipped outside getting his dog and he aactually snapped his femur. He serisouly has the worst luck of anyone. My heart truly hurts for him. He doesn't know how much i love him. Because of his blood being so thin he almost bled to death and died during all the complications from this surgery. They sent him home with this hideous bandage expecting him to heal from the inside out. This is a pic he sent me of his leg with the bandage he is supposed to live with. be cautious it's not a pretty picture



So when they finally sent him home, which was too early they sent him home with this bandage. The next day he had a heart attack and formed a new blood clot in his arm. It was so very scary and i wasn't sure if I would see my brother again. I'm not just being sentimental, but really there were and still are some nights that I think
will I have him tomorrow.

Todd's Great family at Mesa Falls, near Yelloswtone
I know he is a fighter and has made it through so much, but I worry his body will get tired. My brother makes me laugh so much. He is easily one of the funniest people I know. I don't know why he is going through all of this. I love his family and Michele and Bailee and Brady. I wish I was closer so I could go see him and take care. I'm glad my Mom is there with him. I can't seeem to keep it together here for very long. The Doc is actually looking into a familial gene we all may carry that thickens our blood and can cause blood clots and havoc. I see my internist this Friday. I will be getting some results from some tests i took. She said she needed to see me asap, and she wants  40 min appt. So, I have no idea what wierd stuff I'll here. Maybe someone will figure out why sometimes I feel like maybe poison may be running through my veins. It just doesn't match with my brain, my thoughts. I want to go go go, like I always used to do, and I'm being forced to slow it down here. It's patience that the lord wants me to learn. I do love how close it has made my immediate family. My husband and my kids are amazing, and so is my family and friends. My brother is back home again and se sent me a picture of them changing the bandage which he has to do M-W-F. And they keep him home and hopefully he doesn't have a major episode again with bleeding out, you will understand if you dare look at thie next pixture. I am warning you that it is very graphic. I does show his wound. I think it's fascinating that he is just walking around with that major wound with that bandage you saw, and then they change it and it should heal in time, A LOT of time for this mess WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING REAL WOUND!!!!!!!!!!!
I know it is just crazy to look at and I can't believe I'm posting it, but i can't believe that is actually him and a real leg. Is that not the craziest thing you've ever seen. I hoped you heeded my warning at the top to not look at it if you are squemish. My poor brother. He's only 38 and is struggling to survive, send up a prayer for him and his cute little family, please. Sorry If I grossed you out. This is usually pics of cute little kids, I'll make up for it next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment