Thursday, March 24, 2011

To get info from boys is like breaking into Fort Knox

So, yesterday was a crazy afternoon and night. This morning while I was going through Nick's folder I see that he has an award for being the S.O.A.R. student of the month. Which is a good thing. Usually when Alaria comes home with awards or anything it's the first thing I hear about from her. I said to Nick, "Why didn't you tell me about this? This is really awesome. Good job Bud!" He just shrugs his shoulders and is on  to the next thing. So, is it genetic, or are guys just like that? But for my journal sake I wanted him to remember his award
Anyways he just makes me laugh because usually when he gets home from school he'll show me what hd did at school. Most of the time I have to ask him, but he was just so funny about it. His teacher told me at parent teacher conferences that he is always the first one to help and if someone says they don't have a pencil he'll jump up and yell that he has one they can have. His teacher said that he is so well behaved and quiet, and the whole time I'm thinking, "Is she talking about Nick?" I know he's sweet and kind and he shows that at home all the time especially with Alaria, but he is serisouly my Wild Child. Since he was a baby he had huge bruised and bumps on his head from diving off the couch or table to some chair or something.

Bruises, Check




 And when I talk to him at home I swear he hears nothing I say because he is looking around and acts like he could care less if I was sitting right on top of him. So, I worried a little about full time school and his attention span.

You can see why I would be worried

He used to put my Nylons on his head,haha
But, she said he is doing great, so maybe I guess he does listen to what I say. haha It's funny to see how your kids act outside of home sometimes. You can feel like you couldn't possible tell them to do something one more time or you're gonna seriously put a whole in the wall and then you see that they really do listen. That made my day. I love being able to keep a journal this way. I used to be really good at keeping a journal. I did it consistently through jr.high and high school, and especially on my mission. But it got too busy when the kids came along. It takes so much less time to type it then write it. I wish I had done this from the time my kids were born to remember all the little funny things they do and say. But it's funny how things change. Alaria had been begging me to start her own Blog and she keeps telling me it's like a journal Mom and I can put pictures and take my own pictures to add. So, I let her start one under my name. It's so funnny because she's just learning to type and it takes literally forever, but she feels so grown up. I'm hoping it will help her learn how to use a computer and be excited to write her feelings down. Speaking of Parent teacher Conference we had a meeting this morning with the Board of the gifted program at Alaria's school. We met with the Principal and her teacher and several teachers that are involved in the program. They went over all the paper work I filled out and her test scores she's taken this year. They had her take a SAT test at the beginning of the year and she scored in the top 97th%. They said that they start considering kids that score at about 93-94%. But the normal test time is at the end of her 2nd grade. So, she will take the test again which will be over hte course of 3 days. It should happen sometime in the summer. Hopefully with a full school year behind her they said she should score even better. Tyler and I are new to this, but it will help her to get on a good track, and these days with the ways schools are going anything can help, so we will see what happens with it all, but we're excited for her. I have to go and have my Dr. Appt. i'm getting my heart tested, for what I'm not sure, but tomorrow I will see the Internist to learn about my test results. I keep thinking I should just do a seperate blog about my health. It seems like to me it gets so old talking about it. But anywho while I'm laid up a little I guess I can talk about it and while I have time I probably should keep track. Ciao until next time. We have a busy busy weekend. Tomorrow I see the Doc and it's our turn in our Babsitting group we get to have a party with 10 or so kids. It's fun. Then Saturday is Nick's Birthday and he wants his party at Chuck -E- Cheese, gotta love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment