Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Are we there yet?

So, it seems like this will be the question engrained in my head forever. Nick asking, "Are we there yet". Since we drove to Idaho Sept 24, and it took us about 15 hours to get there, we did stay the night near Moab, Utah. Then, made our way to Idaho Falls for the wedding. Then we made the trek back to New Mexico after the weekend. Then we turned around and headed back to utah, about a 11 hour trip 2 weekends later. Trust me my friends it is not fun. Especially in our tiny car. But, I will not trash my little rockin ball of white steel. It is our friend and has gotten us to many, many places. So, still the road trip we are talking about. Well, when we got home from Idaho and the wedding and the Lagoo trip, we had a special week. Alaria had her 8th B-day which I posted already. She loved it.
Little miss sunshine the day after turning 8

She's my girl
She had a great B-day. We took her to eat and she had her interview with the bishop for her baptism. She got some of her gifts. In the Jorgensen clan, now obviously this Sorensen clan we like to drag out a birthday for at least a week. And this time would be no different. She was being so cute and sweet about being baptised. It came at an amazing time in my life as well. As I've been saying something had started changing in me as well. While in Utah, something wierd was going on with my body, but I wasn't sure what and I was even scared to tell Tyler about it. But, finally I was acting so wierd Tyler just said, "what is going on with you?" I just told him I wasn't too sure, but when we travelled home and everything my body felt so bizarre and numb, but it was starting to change as far as the Fibro is concerned. After about a week. I woke up one morning and the numbness was gone and I was waiting for the wave of serious pain to hit and all of those who have serious Fibro know what I mean. The moment you open your eyes you dread the reality setting in, but this morning it didn't come. I could move and I didn't feel like I had the flu and the fatigue was down. I didn't know what do to. I was freakin out seriously. It's been 12 years since I've felt that way, and I've only had a few days where I've felt a little better, but never a time where it was just GONE. But, it was, GONE. How can I say that it is anything but a miracle. I was at my wits end and here in NM having serious problems with my Doctors. I immediately dropped to my knees and cried for over and hour. Yet, I am still cautious. I feel better than I can remember in 12 years. I still have a few issues like my IC. Interstitial Cystitis which is a bladder and pelvic lining infecction, but I have a very best friend who's husband says that they're are amazing new treatments for that too. I have pushed harder and harder each day and I do find some things with my joints, and I know I'll always have food allergies and have to watch that, but I am cautiously optimistic that all of the dreams I had for my family will be a reality. I will say it has been something to get used to. I'm just used to feeling so crappy all of the time I don't really know quite what to do with myself. But, the night Alaria had her baptism interview I told the Bishop immediately that he needs to put me to work because I know the lord is teaching me and the faith I've had to practice for 12 years has grown and is still growing, but that is what I meant when I said in an earlier blog that I had grown up. I feel more reliant on the Lord than ever before and serisouly I know he was waiting for this. I know they don't mess around either because I told the bishop and that weekend I was asked to be the Activity Day Girl's Leader, which is funny because Alaria has been soooo excited to go and do that,so I'll get to be there with her, and Tyler who is with the Young men every Wed. Plus, I will get to teach a primary class, just not sure which one yet. I'm just hoping that it all holds and this will be for real and I will keep the faith that this healing will hold and if I do get symptoms again there is a good reason, but for now, it's a miracle in my life and home! Everyone has been so much happier and the kids are helping each other.


Alaria always trying to be the helper, she's lucky if Nick will let her
 They are loving school which is always a relief. Anyways this road trip was for 2 things. We had to go for Great Grandmas funeral and for Alaria's baptism. Grandma was being buried in Bountiful, Utah, so her funeral was there. All of Tyler's family would be there and my family is all from Idaho Falls, Id, and Court and Ryker live in Provo, so Monica had a great plan to save us and have the baptism in utah so everyone could be there for Alaria. We we're just going to be missing my brother Todd and his family which was really hard for me. I wanted him there. And Brett's wife Lydia and Adalie couldn't make it either. So, now we are finally back in Utah and we are preparing for grandma's funeral and the Baptism.
 JWe got to Utah and the viewing was Friday Sept 9th. It was also Derick's B-day. Poor D. He has some kind of stigma attached to his granmother's funerals, sorry derick, I love ya. Anyways, we went out to celebrate for his b-day before the viewing. And Great Grandpa was such a sport in being there I just wanted to hug him the whole time.

So very huggable, Alaria loves him, we all do

Adorable
The Berger's , I want your Rib recipe Ty:)


Well we went to a pizza joint and I tried to capture all who was there, so we will remember!

Jaden and Alaria the 2  Actors of the family

Such an adorable picture. I told Cason to smile and he yelled," Cheese" and leaned into his Dad
 

I wouldn't leave these 2 alone in an empty room


This was us after a long day at the restaurant.



After we went for Derick's B-day it was time to come home and get ready for the viewing which we knew would be a hard experience for all of us. The little ones had been kept cooped up in the house or places all day they went out to jump for a minute. It was pretty cute. Here is my always crazy son and Alaria trying to get Cason to like her, just a little.
Flippy Nicky




Nick, Alaria, and Cason

I love all the pictures of the kids. I want my kids to have a much possible family around them to love and  have to cherish. Otherwise, what are we doing? We must love one another, forget mistakes we all make and in times like these, when one we love goes home we much evaluate where we are. Teach our children to love their families no matter what. I wish I could post more. I have the viewing and the funeral to cover. It was hard and the kids were very brave, and I will write about that part of the miracle later. As for the person standing behind the lens of this photo, I was feeling light and airy and like I had breath in my lungs again for the first time in forever. Maybe this miracle will get better with time because of the few issues still a little there, but to me it's a miracle the way i feel and I would've taken one day to feel that way, but here I am a few weeks down the road trying to be faithful that Im not pushing, but that this is exactly the answer to my prayers. More of our beautiful weekend soon.
















No comments:

Post a Comment