Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Saying Goodbye, For now

Well, here we are now on September 9th. This was the night of Great Grandma Sorensen's viewing. I knew it would be tough. The kids love great G-ma and G-pa Great so much. It was so great to be able to live in Colorado for awhile when they moved in with Tom and LeAnne. Then, we we're able to see them a lot when we would visit for holiday's and what not. When I was born I had my Grandmother Jorgensen. She was a sweet, but with some age and I don't remember much, but a few sweet memories of her. When I met Grandma and Grandpa Sorensen for the first time it was for Tyler's mission farewell. They we're the cutest Grandma and Grandpa you could imagine. They reminded me of a Norman Rockwell painting the way they looked with Grandpa's white hair and Grandma's hilarious sayings. When we got married and we visited them in St. George it was so fun. They taught us how to play hand and foot a great card game. And you don't mess around with that, it was serious business. I would laugh so hard at them when we would play cards, Grandma used to say, "Oh My Lanta", and "For the Land of Gocean" which I thought she was saying "Oh, Atlantic Ocean." So funny to sit and listen to the 2 of them. We will certainly miss Grandma Great a lot.
At the viewing the kids were so sweet and tender. I was worried they might be scared, but Alaria just kept holding Grandma LeAnne's hand and asking all kinds of questions. I thought she would be crying, but she didn't cry until she saw her Grandpa Tom cry and Grandpa great cry. Then, she lost it and went straight to Grandma Sorensen, LeAnne and stuck by them the whole time. Nicholas went up to her and I was trying to explain, but he just started to cry. I took him in the corner and he said, " I know she did her duty, but I'm just going to miss her!" He is so sweet and I was amazed at how much they understood. Alaria took Nick by the hand and was trying to explain everything. Then, uncle Derick took him and was helping him to calm down a little, and he helped the tears. The next day at the funeral, Alaria stuck right by her grandma and grandpa Sorensen. LeAnne gave a beautiful talk about Great Grandma and Macall, Linda's daughter, Tyler's cousin gave a great talk that made us laugh and remember how funny Grandma great was. It was a beautiful ceremony. When we went to the gravesite it was right next to the Bountiful temple on a beautiful day.



It was very beautiful. The flowers were amazing, especially with the 9/11 Tribute there with the American Flags

 


Grandma Sorensen, Alaria, and Nicholas

Alaria and Macady

All the Great Grandkids got a rose from Great grandma and Jaden was sprinkling his petals for Grandma

Sargeant Timothy Boyce

While we were there we saw a lot of American flags in the cemetary and a few years ago Tyler and I had a married couple, Tim and Sharon Boyce who are our best of friends. Tim passed away in Iraq from a brain hemmorage a few weeks before returning from his second tour of duty. He was coming home to his 3 year old son and a newborn, Grace. And, his wife Sharon who had just defeated Cancer. I was so surprised to see his name there being honored among the heroes fighting in the war for 9/11. The funeral was on September 10th. There were a lot of names being honored. He was actually laid to rest at that cemetary, so it was a happy sight to see him honored there.

 Timothy Boyce

Avrey, Macady, Alaria, and Nick,     Avrey was great Grandma's first great great Grandaughter

A beautiful sight to me
Macady, Cason, and Alaria at the luncheon after the service
The day went very well for the funeral. It was a beautiful day for that. I know Grandma Great is resting with the Angels now.I so love the Sorensen Family. It was so nice to get to see all of the Cousins and Aunts and Uncles. We vowed that we will have a Sorensen family reuion every year. So, next year I will have pictures of all of us. We Love you Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment