Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Dearest Great Grandma Sorensen

So, we have had the craziest week ever. This will be a short little synopsis of our time this past week. I will have to fill in later with each event, but we drove to Idaho on the 24th of August for the wedding of my sweet niece Courtney who I have always thought was my little sister, still do. And her sweet new hubby Ryker. It was an adventure in itself, which I will post all the pics later because they are too beautiful not to post. It was a grand thing. Aside from that our sweet Grandma Sorensen suffered a heart attack, and survived for many days fighting so hard to live. She would look at Great Grandpa and say,"Well, you think I can go home tomorrow?" Great Grandpa held her hand one night when she was lucid, she kept having mini heart attacks and her lungs were filling water, and Grandpa said,"Come on Mom Let me take you Dancin!." And she said, " I sure will but you can only dance with me" To which caused Grandpa to cry and cry into her shoulder. Grandma was very particular about having her "Face on." To be made up and look very nice all the time, and she threatened LeAnne and her daughter Linda that they better have her eyebrows on her or she would haut them. She was so witty and funny. I'll never forget meeting her and that night she was watching the Utah Jazz play a basketball game and they weren't playing very well, and well she let them have it. She and Grandpa always had a game on. Probably the funniest thing I heard was one night near the end a clergy man came in and said he wanted to play the violin for her. She turned to LeAnne, Linda, and Macall and sarcastically said, "Oh Yippee" Going over his head the violinist enjoyed himself while everyone sniffed because that is what we'll miss so much about Grandma Great. She said she was ready and passed away. It was very hard for all of us. We love Grandma and Grandpa Great. Nick and Alaria had a very hard time when we explained it to them. Alaria is just so sweet, she said,"Mom I'm so glad we will be a family forever so I can run and play with Grandma great." We lived in Colorado with them for awhile and have visited every Christmas and more to be able to see them at Tyler's parent's house. When I was growing up my only grandmother passed, and so when I met Tyler's grandparents they are the perfect grandma and grandpa, just the cutest ever. I loved visiting them in St. George. They never forgot a birthday and are so generous. Nicholas cried the last two nights because he said he will miss Great Grandma. We sure love you Grandma and we will await your loving arms.

The kids with Grandma at Christmas

Too sweet for words

We love you Grandma. We will see you soon. We love you Grandpa. Thanks for the example of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment